Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Heart kiddos





This has been the hardest year I have ever dealt with. Giving birth to my boy seeing him for only a few seconds before he was taken away to be given life saving medicines. to be brought back to my room hours later in a portable incubator. Taken away and not seen again until the next day. Having open heart surgery at 7 days old and finally coming home shortly before Easter. Its been hard, but there are those out there who have had it harder! Aiden is overall doing well he is gaining weight just slowly he had his weight checked this morning and he's at 11 pounds 10 ounces almost to the 12 pound mark! Sure some of the clothes he wears is still newborn but that's ok! he had a rough start.

I was on Intermountain Healing Hearts earlier on facebook (group of heart moms who go to PCMC) and I realize others have it a lot harder. Two of them are in desperate need of a new heart. I can't imagine having to wait for another persons child to die in order for mine to live.

One is Matthew  and the other little Kylie. Who is showing the final stages of heart failure. my heart goes out to those two little guys and there families.. I simply can't imagine and I don't want to imagine what there families are going through!

As I've said Aiden was hard enough but it can be so much harder then him and I feel very lucky in that aspect!


1 comment:

Blessed Rain said...

Big hugs! Glad your little boy is starting to thrive! Also glad that you don't have to go through the heart wrenching wait/don't wait on a heart.