Sunday, May 15, 2011

Big project

I've been working on a big counted cross stitch project not even close to finishing it. It'll probably take me a year to do. below is a picture of a square I just finished. it took me a few weeks to do this one square and it has 28 squares.


And now here is the whole thing as of Friday. Before I had finished the above square. the other squares are not finished because I'm waiting to most of the back stitches until all of the cross stitching is done. Its a blanket.


Lastly I want to the Doll and Bear show yesterday with my mom. We use to go a lot but this is the first time I've gone since Connor was born. I kept telling myself that I'm just going to look but not buy! We'll we got there and I saw from a distance and Adora doll that I had wanted for the past ten years. One that my aunt Pam> I've teased her many times that if it disappeared she'd know where it ended up. Anyhow I didn't go look at the doll right off cause I know Adora dolls are 80 dollars and up. Not something I was going to spend. We looked a round for a bit there were a lot of old dolls which I've never been a big fan off. So we finally got to the one shop and I did a quick double take they had her marked as $35. Kept thinking they must have marked her wrong! No way would anyone sale a brand new Adora doll for that price. nope it was right and ok I admit she's sitting on my desk.

And yes there is another Adora doll sitting behind her. I admit these are my favorite dolls and the only ones I collect anymore. I Have 7. This is the first one I've bought since having Connor. these is one other I want really, really bad one Russ says he'll get me for Christmas or my birthday. Hope he follows through with that promise!

2 comments:

Blessed Rain said...

Amazing and very super cute dolls! Sounds like you are hard at work!

Unknown said...

Those are very cute dolls. I hope you get the other one for Christmas too!